Christmas Festival Parade Registration
December 9th | 6pm
IMPORTANT UPDATE THIS YEAR
Candy MAY NOT be thrown from the float. Candy and other items can only be passed out by pedestrians walking next to the float. Items must be handed directly to spectators.
All businesses, community groups, school groups, families and individuals are invited to register a float, vehicle, animal or pedestrian group in the parade!
The parade follows a route that begins at Liberty Hill Elementary School and ends at Noble Elementary School.
Follow us on www.facebook.com/experiencelhtx to receive updated information.
4pm – 4:30 pm – Floats arrive at the Liberty Hill Elementary school.
5:20 pm – MANDATORY safety meeting at the front registration table. Each group must send one representative.
5:30 pm – Float judging complete. Winners will be announced on the Experience LHTX Facebook page.
6:00 pm – Parade Begins.
7:30 pm – Parade Ends.
MORE PARADE INFORMATION
- If your group will have more than one float, each float must be registered.
- All visible sides of the float should be covered and decorated, and entries are encouraged to utilize sight, sound, and motion to engage attention. Light up your float.
- Plan your entry to accommodate the weather predicted. Secure any canopy/tent used and provide holds for passengers to use.
- No alcohol, tobacco, pyrotechnics, or firearms on any entry.
- Candy MAY NOT be thrown from the float.
- Items and candy may be passed out, but they must be passed out from someone walking next to the float.
- All animals must be under control and have kennel, cargo, or cage space available if needed during the event.
- All horses participating in the parade to show proof of a current negative Coggins.
- Equestrians must provide “pooper scoopers.”
- Floats may NOT contain a live Santa Claus, as the real Santa will make an appearance on the last float.
- Prizes will be awarded for 1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place and Honorable Mention.
PARENT DROPOFF/PICKUP AFTER PARADE
4:30 – 5pm – Parents should drop off their children at Liberty Hill Elementary.
7:30pm – Each float should arrange for parents to pick up their children at Noble Elementary School after the parade. Parents must park at Foundation Park and walk over to the school. Only parade vehicles will be allowed at Noble.
Parade times are fluid based on the number of participants, so we encourage you to have some sort of communication available to let parents know when you arrive. A responsible adult must remain at the arranged location until all children have been picked up.